Monday 9 August 2010

Weegie Wednesday I'll be there, will you?

This Wednesday - 11th  August 2010- is Weegie Wednesday -   Their website describes it pretty well 

'an opportunity for writers, poets, publishers, booksellers, librarians, creative writing students or anyone else with an interest in books to get together socially once a month to talk about books, writing and publishing.'


It happens upstairs at The Universal Bar  in Sauchiehall Lane (directly behind Waterstones in Sauchiehall Street) Glasgow from 7.30pm.

There are two 10 minute showcases each month and this Wednesday  I will be sharing the spotlight with my good friend and fellow writer Nicola Morgan.

I will be speaking about the challenges of moving between writing soft and cuddly books for little tots and edgy realism for teenagers.


Nicola will be speaking about the changing face of publishing and what that means for writers and publishers.


 So why not come along for a chat and a glass of your favourite refreshment!   We'll be there...will you?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I am jealous. If I lived close enough I would be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now we've done it and we enjoyed ourselves a LOT and only just managed to catch the train home... (Well, I did, but you unfortunately had to go further...) I was very very hungry when i got home but I'd really enjoyed meeting new people who seemed so interested in what we both had to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes,Nicola, we just made it to the train, didn't we! But it was a great evening with lovely interesting people, too.
    I hope to have some photos to put up here very soon. What a shame you can't capture the atmosphere completely in a photo.

    Weegie Wednesday is a great place to go if you are in Glasgow on the middle Wednesday of the month and want to meet up with booky people.

    ReplyDelete