Tuesday 2 July 2013

Summertime catch up - 1



It is lovely to have some summery days again.  Blue skies, puffy white clouds and the windsurfers out on the water.

'Tuscany' - my shed


At the moment I am busy writing in my shed,
losing myself in a story.

It's been really hectic these last few months so perhaps it is time for a bit of a catch up!



March and April were very busy months when I was away a lot visiting schools and libraries all over the country.  You can fine out about some of my events on my website and on the two other blogs I contribute to  Awfully Big Blog Adventure.blogspot.co.uk  (ABBA) and Picturebook Den 

In February I went to watch a play Running on the Cracks in Glasgow.

It is taken from the book by Julia Donaldson and afterwards Julia and I went for a meal with some other great children's writers - Cathy McPhail, Vivian French and Theresa Breslin who have all had at least one of their books made into a play or a film- Well done, girls.  
Made me wonder about how one of my YA novels would work if it was made into a play or a film.
[Any young film makers out there, do get in touch! :) ] 

You can find out more about Running on the Cracks by reading my blog about it   When is a book not a book? on ABBA


In March I had a special delivery!  The new Hamish McHaggis Cuddly Toy - available in bookshops

Hamish 10" cuddly toy
The Hamish McHaggis series now has 10  books - 9 story books and one that is a story and activity book.

Hamish has fans all over the world and he loves to hear from them.

The books are also used in schools and there is a set of free teachers' resources Scottish Book Trust that can be downloaded from Scottish Book Trust website  Free Resources - Hamish McHaggis
 




In March I also visited the Aye Write Festival in Glasgow's wonderful Mitchell Library and along with Hamish we had a lot of fun with the school children who came to the sessions to meet Hamish and listen to the stories. You can read more about it on my website  www.lindastrachan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment